Thursday, December 06, 2007

It is blessedly most blissfully quiet.

Griff was a bit of a pill this evening, but went down with his Dad without too much of a fight (as far as I could tell, anyway.)

Allan needed to go back on the oxygen (3 days or so off) and was full of vinegar after his bath. So while Dad and Griff snuggled in the bedroom suite, Big Al and I worked on bench-sitting, standing and cruising. We also worked on the words to "I'm Getting Nothing for Christmas." Mom couldn't remember them (it has been about 30 years since she had to sing it for Ms. Adamson) and Dad never knew it (he was probably singing God, Bless Ye, Merry Gentlemen).

At any rate, Momma looked up the lyrics on-line and sang them over and over in an effort to commit them to memory. And then started modifying them: I broke a bat on Griffith's head. (That is what happens when you fall asleep first!) Somebody snitched on me. I put a frog in Bailey's bed. Somebody snitched on me. I spilled some ink on Jess's rug. I made Joseph eat a bug. Somebody snitched on me. I put a tack on Flora's chair. Somebody snitched on me. I tied a knot in Lottie's hair. Somebody snitched on me. I did a dance on Mommy's plants, I climbed a tree and tore my pants, I filled the sugar bowl with ants, somebody snitched on me. Allan did great with the sit, stand, transfer, cruise thing -- right up until he decided he had had enough. Then we watched Project Runway (can you believe they sent Chris home instead of Ricky? Ri.Dic.U.Lous.)

AnyWho.

Close to time to retire.

Sweet dreams.