Thursday, January 31, 2008

New camera

Sorry for the no posts. Since Dubya has graciously decided to give all of us a tax rebate, I have decided to spend it (6 or 8 months in advance) on a new digital camera. Dad needed one for the shop and so he is inheriting the "old" digital camera (which is at least 5 or 6 years old).

Despite the fact that the memory cards look identical to the ones we already have on the website, they aren't. Big surprise. And, despite the exorbitant fee charged for the camera, it only came with a card that holds (and I am not kiddding) four whole pictures. You.Must.Be.Kidding. Not to mention the fact that the new camera has (conservatively) 857 different settings and features that allow you to do everything from take a picture to move a satellite. I really wouldn't mind having a Brownie point-and-click. All of the options really are wasted on me.

At any rate, I braved WalMart today and, after having been stuck behind every person with an issue on a Thursday afternoon, managed to check out with a 2 gig memory card. I have no idea what this means. The price suggests that I should be able to take as many pictures as I like without worrying about running out of memory. We'll see if that proves to be true.

In addition, I have managed (okay, Jay helped by distracting the boys) to install the new webcam and Skype so we have broadcast abilities. Now, if only Grandma, Grampy, Simon, Julie, Lottie, Jess and Joseph would join the digital age we could have live chats..........