Thursday, February 07, 2008

More than 2500 posts

Can you believe it? We have more than 2500 posts on our blog! Amazing. I need to figure out how to put this on a CD and it will totally relieve any obligation I feel to fill out a baby book.

I am getting ready to head out for a girls' weekend in Chicago with Aunt KK. I feel certain that Cubbies attire is in the boys' futures. Aunt Michele is going to have to get busy or else the boys will be too far gone to ever be redeemed.

So what are the big guys up to these days? Well, we are growing all the time. Griffith is now 24 pounds of determination and attitude. Allan is 19 pounds and 14 ounces -- "this" close to being a 20 pounder. He is also full of determination and attitude. Every day he is getting stronger. Just tonight it took For.Ever to get him to go to sleep. He just refused (much like Griff) to give it up. He is afraid he will miss something. (In his defense, I was watching the latest Project Runway and so it stands to reason that he wanted to see who got sent home. Despite it being DVR'd, we still weren't able to get to the end before he fell asleep. He will be glad to know that Sweet Pea survived and Ricky went home. We never liked Ricky. He cried too much.)

Griff gets sweeter by the day. He comes over and "loves" on his brother all the time. He lays his head over on Allan's stomach and puts his arms around him. It about kills me. In all fairness, at least half the time he is doing it because we praise him to high heaven for it (GOOD BOY, GRIFFITH !!!!! So NICE! LOVE ON YOUR BROTHER! WHAT A GOOD BOY!!!!) You might think he had cured cancer based on our level of professed excitement. Still, it IS awfully sweet. The only one who doesn't seem to appreciate it, oddly enough, is Allan. Some people aren't meant to be happy.

At any rate....Jay will be flying solo this weekend. I, on the other hand, will, with any luck, be reading, shopping, taking a nap or two, dining out and hanging out in the big city. It doesn't really matter what I do, though. Like I told Kelly, I would be happy taking a bath in her tub so long as she promised not to stand outside, pound her head on the door and yell "Maaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!" My wants and needs are small.

Have a good weekend and I hope to post some fun pictures when I get back.