Monday, February 11, 2008

My trip to Chicago was a great success all the way around. KK and I ordered in sushi on Friday night, watched part of Bridget Jones and Never Been Kissed, drank wine and caught up on life, the universe and everything. The view out her window is pretty amazing. I went to bed early and slept until I woke up (two full nights of sleep!). We did the spa on Saturday and got the royal treatment - manicures, pedicures, body scrubs, massages. After such a tough day we had to go home and have a nap. Then we went to a cheesy Moroccan restaurant with flamenco and belly-dancers. Hysterical. Sunday continued to beauty treatments -- a quick trip to the Bollywood Salon for threading (ouch!) and then home again, home again.

The boys all picked me up at the airport -- and you can see how the excitement affected Allan and Griffith. Jay was having trouble getting them to nap on Sunday so he put them in the car and drove laps around the airport. For about an hour. It is a wonder security didn't detain them!

The boys were happy enough to see me, I suppose, but they didn't really seem to have noticed my absence. A credit to their father's good care. By all reports, the guys were great -- the house was clean, the laundry done, the dishes done and a roast in the crock pot. Jay was the uber Dad. I'll have to go away more often!