Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Liar, liar

Saturday morning Allan decided to arise at 5:45. That's a.m. Comes twice a day, in case you didn't know. Not content to entertain himself, Allan squawked until he woke his brother up. Great.

We got up and I changed Griff. A few minutes later, he was walking around with his knees clamped together and grabbing himself. Wet again. Wrestle him in to submission, change diaper. Not 10 minutes later, Griff is smelling aromatic. Wrestle him in to submission, change diaper. At this point he has decided that I am obsessed. Every time I look at him he says, "no." As in, I know what you are going to ask, lady, and, no, I am not wet or dirty -- find something else to do.

Maybe 30 minutes pass and Griff is, again, smelling.

Me: Griff, are you dirty?
G (looking guilty): No.
Me: Griff, did you poop?
G: No.
Me: Are you sure? You smell stinky!
G: No! no! no! AlJude, AlJude, AlJude poop!

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I just had to. When in trouble, point the finger at someone else. We just have to hope that he doesn't learn to lie WELL.