Monday, September 15, 2008

Still trying to get all caught up....

Grampy and Grandma arrive tomorrow so we have been busy as bees at our house. Tidying has not been made easier by the fact that Allan was sick from Sunday night until, well, he's still sick, although getting better. He had an ear infection, a cold and a stomach virus. And when I got home Friday, Griff was running a temperature. Great. Fortunately, Griff just seems to have a cold with a cough, runny nose and a fever. No strep. No ear infection. It is bad enough trying to dose him with ibuprofen -- the thought of giving him an antibiotice two times a day for ten days makes me tired.

Saturday night started off very well. Many thanks to Hannah and Tyler for lending a hand (even if they did criticize my choice of bedtime stories!). The boys went down fairly easily. I blogged and then went to sleep. Allan was up by 11 or so, sqawking. Got him in bed with me only to have Griff wake and decide he needed to be there, too. From there on, it was a free-for-all. Every time I thought I could get Allan back in his bed, he would wake and squawk. Every time I got out of bed, Griff would spread out and finally settle so that I couldn't get back in bed with Allan because I was afraid he would roll off of the edge. And Griff was insistent on being right up next to me. His temperature went up to nearly 103 and so I had to get Jay up to help me hold him down and redose (or, more accurately, re-douse) him and us with ibuprofen. And so it went all night. bleh.

Allan was finally able to hold down food yesterday and is clearly feeling better. Griff isn't quite himself, but isn't miserable, either. The doctor says he just has a virus and will have to get over it. Thanks. That's very helpful.

Jay and I worked in the yard yesterday trying to trim and tidy and weed and mow. The boys were excellent. We all went in for lunch and then Ike came calling. It was so windy that we couldn't be outside.

I am now uploading the 400 pictures that were on the camera to Walgreen's so that I can clear the card for lots of photos of the grandparents.

More updates as I can....