Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday afternoon -- July 14th

The boys have had a very good birthday. Allan has graduated to a real baby crib. He (of course) was very laid back about it. Ho-hum, no big deal. The child really has the most even temperament. He certainly doesn't get that from me. If he stays good, then he may get his first bottle this weekend. If he doesn't, then I am sure it won't bother him.....
Griffith was a real sweetheart at lunch. He gobbled down his bottle and let rip with a man-sized burp -- followed by a couple more. I think when the boys start having burping contests he is going to be the odds on favorite.
My very good boys brought me flowers for their birthday. Beautiful purple and pink carnations. I'm not sure where they got them. The closest garden that I know of is the UK president's house. If he's missing a few blossoms, I'm sure he won't mind.
Cheryl gave the boys more hot wheels for their collection. Whenever they bust out of that joint, they are going to be ready to dive in to the dirt spot under the maple tree where Dick and I used to play.
Fr. Tom stopped by for a visit and he was very surprised and impressed with how big the boys are now. Of course, he hadn't seen them since the day they were born and there is no doubt that they have improved considerably since then. Since Father was there, he blessed both of the boys and is going to offer a Mass for Griffith this weekend for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I had him bless Allan, too, just for good measure. Can't hurt, right?