Thursday, July 06, 2006

Griffith -- The Great Escape ?

Well, don't say it too loud, but it looks like Griffith is going to make the great escape tomorrow. Oh.My.Goodness. Jay's response to my phone call: What do we need to do? Well...ummm....dunno...YOUR part of WE needs to get the nursery painted so that the ME part of WE has a place to lay the baby down.... I think THAT is where we should start. But that's just me.
Cheryl did Griffith's hearing screening yesterday and she says that he hears very well, but she will make no representations about how well he listens. (I know, I know, good luck with that.) She confirmed that he is spoiled rotten and tried to blame it on the night nurses, but when I called back in yesterday afternoon she had been holding him for quite a while. So she has to share the blame. She needed to get her cuddling time in before he heads out in to the great wide world. I hope she was telling him to be very good when he comes home. He'd better watch out. I have her numbers so if he gets too out of hand she will come and jerk a knot in his tail!
Allan has been very good this week, too. He weighs nearly 5 pounds and 4 ounces. We are hoping that hearing about Griffith will make him step up to the plate. It may be working because he moved from the Cpap to the nasal cannula this morning. He seems to be doing well with that and we are hopeful that he won't be too far behind Griffith in getting to come home.
I am getting home computer and will be blogging from there, but it is going to be sporadic at best for a little while because, well, because we'll have one of our babies home and we'll be busy doing -- I don't know what exactly, baby stuff? Boiling water? Tearing rag strips?