Monday, April 14, 2008

I have added so many posts tonight that the blogspot security has been triggered. I will stop and add more tomorrow.

I don't know how I got so far behind with posting.

Today is the boys 2nd birthday. As I look at the clock, I see that the big day is nearly over. As you can see, we had a good if low-key day. I tried to order a Thing One and Thing Two cake but none of the big bakeries could do it because they didn't have the copyright. (Lawyers ruin everything!)

Okay, Plan B then. I bought chocolate and white cake mixes, colored suger, sprinkles, and icing in a variety of colors. Jesana and the boys decorated them all for their art project today. They did a great job. Even if neither boy was interested in eating the cupcakes in the slightest.

Aunt Michele started us off right on Sunday with the gift of a new tunnel and lawn chairs, as well as St. Louis gear (a direct challenge to Aunt Kelly.) Today the boys got a pop-up soccer goal, a youth-sized ball, a new CD of dance music, a set of 3 books about Toot and Puddle the pigs, and a book about Duck and Goose. We also got a new shapes puzzle, a bubble machine from Cousin Bailey and a karaoke pig from Alice and Jim.

All of that, coupled with balloons and tissue paper was almost more than we could bear.

Still, it is very late and I am very tired.