Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend 2008

We are closing in on getting the whole update completed (except for the 200 pictures I have taken).

This weekend was pretty restful. Friday night we had a party for a friend who was finishing graduate school. We went to a bbq while Jesana took care of the boys. At home and in bed by 10:30. Saturday we got up to a beautiful day and went to the arts fair downtown. The weather was perfect. We didn't buy anything but we think we are going to get a local artist to do a portrait of the boys. We have several of his works and think it would be fun to have something personalized. Griff and I shared a Polish sausage with onions and peppers (he didn't care for his father's Philly cheese steak.)
Then we came home and Aunt KK came with all sorts of Cubs stuff and a BUBBLE MOWER. (Pictures later.) Griff put in an heroic effort, but Dad had to take him in about 3 for a nap. Big Al passed out on me about 2:30. Kelly headed out and we all napped like Rip Van Winkle. Allan and I got up about 4:30. We made Griff and Dad get up a little after 5. Griffith was absolutely miserable and cried for an hour afterward. We got both of them to sleep after a perfectly blissful evening out on the deck where they played and played and played.
We slept in until about 8 on Mother's Day and Jay and the boys made breakfast. The weather was positively foul so we stayed in and played. Jay went to the grocery so I didn't have to and, for my part, I put the boys down for a nap after lunch. They were such little angels. Allan would not let his brother so to sleep so I had to snuggle him first. Griff went shortly thereafter. I headed out for a 90 minute massage and was completely annoyed to find out upon my return that Allan had only just awakened and that Griff was still asleep. Brats. But I was able to fit in a bubble bath where I read and had a glass of red wine. Then we watched 3 episodes of Ugly Betty before the boys' bedtime (they acted so surprised that the TV still worked!) We were all in bed by 10 last night. Couldn't have been more pleasant.