Sunday, June 08, 2008

Oh, no !!!!!!

Griff has the plummiest accent when he says, "oh, no!" Jay is delighted. This is the only thing that Griff says that could be said to be like him. Honestly, I think he sounds a lot like a Kennedy, but, whatever.

We read Going on a Bear Hunt and part of the refrain is Oh, NO! and Griff is always ready and willing to chime in with it. It is also very helpful when we "accidentally" throw our bears out of the bed. (OH, No! Fall down!) Jay is encouraging the bear thing because it is now part of the nightly routine. It was a little more of a problem today, though, when I was trying to fit myself, Griff and 3 bears in to the rocking chair for nap time. I thought I could use a bear as an arm rest, but quickly found out that THAT AIN'T GONNA WORK, MOMMA. O.Kay. Still Griff was glad enough to head for bed (night, night). Allan acted like he didn't want to, but he gave in soon enough which left me time enough for a shower and a little nap before company came .

The boys have an older girlfriend (Miss A) who is quite the siren for Griff (Al likes to play it closer to the vest). We had a big time playing outside, despite the heat. With any luck, I'll post pictures tomorrow.

It is now plenty late. The house is as close as to what passes for tidy around here. The laundry and dishes are going. The a/c is doing what it can to keep up with the humidity. I am ready to take shower so I don't have to worry with it in the a.m.

I read an article recently by a woman who blogs about her child and it has made me think about what the boys might some day think about all of this. I hope that when they read these entries they hear my voice and understand that I do not mean to embarass them. Jay and I are the proudest parents. Allan and Griffith are each perfect in his own individual way. They are a constant source of joy, pure and unadulterated. Even when they are being miserable, obnoxious little brats. Maybe it is being older when we had them. Maybe it is the fact that they were so small and that their survival was so precarious for so long. It justs makes it a little easiter when you don't sleep all night. Or a little funnier when Griff has a meltdown and stomps his feet like the world's angriest little leprechaun. Or Allan refuses to sleep for two hours even though his eyes are drooping the whole time. We are the luckiest people in the whole world.

To bad Stupid George forgot to buy us a lottery ticket. Bet it was the winning one.