Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dad is downstairs writing out Christmas cards and the boys and I are upstairs hanging out. It is surprisingly peaceful for the moment. That kind of thing can turn on a dime around here though.
We had a good weekend. Dad worked very late on Friday and the boys and I retired to the "master suite" early. Things worked well with Allan who was asleep by nine, but Griffith was ready to cut loose for a wild weekend. He finally gave it up after 10 (I realize that does not qualify as "late" in real world terms, but I was REALLY, REALLY tired and we were upstairs in and in bed by 8. Work with me.) Dad came home to find his side of the bed occupied by the boys. Dad had an early morning Saturday and headed off for work before the boys were up. We fared very well. We took a lovely walk (it was in the 60's and sunny) and then watched UK beat U of L. Actually Griff and I watched it. Allan slept most of the time. Last night Momma got to do some Christmas shopping while Dad and the boys hung out. We all slept in this morning and then took a walk to get coffee and muffins.
And now here we are.
Griff is sitting in my lap, watching me type and playing with his foot. Occasionally he gets overbalanced and topples over. Allan is laying across my lap and seems contect to suck on his hand.
All in all, everything is good. Dad got a tree today and we hope to decorate it tomorrow night.