Friday, May 30, 2008

A bit of an update...on Griffith

So much happens every day that it is hard to make sure that we keep up with it. Since I don't keep a "baby book" though, I feel like I need to make sure we get the little milestones documented.

Griffith is a perfect little monster. With his curly blonde hair and his twinkling green eyes, he is quite the charmer. He loves it when Onkle Markus comes to visit because he knows just where to scratch. Griff would motor around and play for awhile and then come back over to Markus and say "up, please!" and raise his little arms. Then he would sit in Markus' lap and shrug his shoulders until Markus scratched his back.

Griff is also learning Spanish from Jesana. He now says "gracias" when you do something for him and she swears that he asked for "agua" the other day. Jesana has convinced him to take some drinks from a real cup, but he still prefers his "ba' -- especially at night.

I can't remember if I have already posted this or not, but I was cooking fish last week and Griff kept clinging to my legs and yelling "up" and "see" so I picked him up and told him that I was grilling fish. At which point he whipped around and pointed at his (one remaining) goldfish. Yes, that's a fish, too, but I ain't grilling him. Yet.