Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday - June 26th - weekend review

Before any of you start with me, yes, I recognize that Sweet Little Allan did not get equal billing with the photos this time. (My secret is out -- I really do love Griffith more. I'm just glad I won't have to pretend.) In my defense, Allan really hasn't been doing anything -- he's been laying around, sleeping a whole lot and, apparently eating -- he was 4 pounds 11 ounces last night. Plus, the C-pap covers up his pretty little face so photos aren't nearly as much fun. They are working on weaning his pressure down with the C-pap and then he'll graduate to the cannula. At any rate, I will try to rectify the situation with Allan and his photos this week. Nurse Jennifer is back from vacation and I'm sure that she'll make sure that he gets plenty of attention.
Griffith seems to be feeling better. He started back with the bottle-feeding on Saturday (he hadn't eaten since the previous Saturday) and has been as happy as a little clam with that. He really has the hang of it. In his haste to suck it down before someone takes it away, he forgets to swallow sometimes, but no more so than any little one. He can burp like a fraternity boy, too. Dad has yet to get one of them out of him, but I think that's because he's afraid he's going to break him when he pats him on the back. When he's through eating, he lies there and grins like the Cheshire Cat. He's been very alert the past couple of days, too. He loves to be held up so that he can check out the scenery in the NICU. He's tired of lying in bed all the time. No ETA on him going home yet. I'm sure they'll give this eating stuff a few days to make sure that he's going to do it and gain weight.